The Visa and Immigration Consultant is responsible for helping individuals who are internationally relocating. Their main role is to ensure the client avoids any legal issues that may occur in relation to their relocation by assisting them to obtain visas and other related immigration documentation.
The Visa and Immigration Consultant is responsible for providing the client with advice and guidance on how best to obtain required documentation to migrate internationally and how to complete this process smoothly. The Visa and Immigration Consultant must work within strict timelines and communicate with authorities and the client consistently via email or telephone. Clients must be treated individually and the process tailored to suit them, with the hiring of translators if necessary. The Visa and Immigration Consultant must have a strong understanding of border control procedures as well as any related legislation.
What does a Visa and Immigration Consultant job description include?
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must oversee all aspects of the Visa and Immigration Service, ensuring that the process runs smoothly.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must interview all clients and deal with all applications face to face and by post to ensure that the client is suitable.
- You must oversee the completion of all relevant visa and immigration documents and ensure that they are received within the time limit set by the government.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must ensure that all of the information provided by the client is accurate and correct, preparing and checking all legal documents.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must prepare all fee quotes and any information required by clients, colleagues or authorities.
- You must maintain strong working relationships with all clients and colleagues.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must be able to help the client to obtain Visas, Green cards and other documentation required.
- You must take full responsibility of all Immigration issues and operations, remaining up to date with any changes to legislation.
- As the Visa and Immigration Consultant you may be required train some HR staff to enhance their understanding of immigration rules to help them to fulfil their roles to a high level.
Key skills and qualifications of a Visa and Immigration Consultant:
- You will ‘ideally’ be educated to degree level and may also be required to hold any other qualifications relevant to Visa and Immigration Consultancy.
- You must be fluent in English and have experience in Immigration procedures and OISC accreditation.
- For a Visa and Immigration Consultant, experience in lobbying is desirable, and depending upon the role, you may also be required to be bi-lingual.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must be motivated, energetic and able to work as a part of a team.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must have strong communication and negotiation skills as the job is centred on communication with the client, colleagues and authorities.
- The Visa and Immigration Consultant must be able to work to tight deadlines even when under pressure, whilst still being able to provide a high level of customer service.
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Office and any other software related to Visa and Immigration Consultancy.
How to find more Visa and Immigration Consultant jobs within the Relocations Industry:
To find more Visa and Immigration Consultant jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.