Working as a Commercial Move Manager in Commercial Relocation provides the opportunity to develop an interesting career in a dynamic environment with the prospect of moving into senior management positions within the sector.
As a Move Manager working in a commercial environment, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of business moves for corporate clients. This role requires someone who is experienced in the commercial moving and/or relocations industry and is able to work under pressure in what is often a deadline driven environment.
What does a Commercial Move Manager job description include?
- As a Move Manager working within office & commercial relocations you will manage a team of people whose purpose is to plan and manage commercial moves for corporate clients.
- You will communicate daily with clients ensuring excellent customer service and be sensitive to their needs ensuring their business has as little disruption throughout the move process as possible.
- A Move Manager is required to carry out pre-move surveys, calculate and cost the move process, often working to a client’s budget and limitations.
- The Move Manager is responsible for preparing all associated paperwork, maintaining accurate records and accounts and issue invoices in a timely manner.
- You will work closely with clients and you maybe required to assist with the sorting of possessions, which may be an emotional process for the client.
- The Move Manager may also be required to assist with the sale and auction of some items that are not to be moved to a new location at the request of the client.
Key skills and qualifications of a Commercial Move Manager:
- You will be educated to degree level or you will have the relevant experience and be able to demonstrate an excellent work record.
- Working in Global Mobility as a Commercial Move Manager you will be expected to have a minimum of 5 years experience within the industry.
- A Commercial Move Manager must have excellent communication skills and be very good in building and developing teams.
- You must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Global Mobility industry and also be familiar with industry regulatory requirements related to move management.
- Excellent customer service skills are a pre-requisite and also the ability to develop trade relationships so as to capitalise on good rates for both the client and the organisation is essential.
- A Commercial Move Manager must have a solid understanding of basic finance and be able to devise and manage budgets for both clients and the organisation as well as prepare financial reports in accordance with company requirements.
- Excellent administrative skills are a key requirement so as to ensure all client and organisational records are accurately maintained.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel etc. and you may also be required to be proficient in other industry standard software.
How to find more Commercial Move Manager jobs within the Commercial Relocation/Records Management Industry:
To find more commercial Move Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.