Working as an Art Sales Consultant within the Fine Art Gallery Services sector, your role will require the ability to pay extremely close attention to detail, whilst developing a clear understanding of a clients needs and interests in order to assist with a purchase. Your main responsibility will be generating art sales and increasing your Gallery’s status, by assisting and advising clients, considering their tastes and preferences, and showing complete knowledge of different artistic styles and techniques.
Art Sales Consultant Job Duties:
Working in this field, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Conducting sales of artwork, whilst collaborating closely with the sales team.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with industry specialists, such as Artists and Collectors, in order to develop a client base.
- The ability to display a clear understanding of client’s needs and interests, looking at not only style, but also practicality. Having extensive knowledge of each artist’s individual techniques and their significance within the industry.
- Attending Art Fairs and events, whilst also meeting with clients in order to sell, source and invest in new pieces.
- The possibility of planning and hosting events, such as art exhibitions, in order to meet with prospective buyers.
- The ability to maintain a clear understanding of art world trends as they change.
- The ability to confidently liaise with artists, press and relevant organisers of art fairs.
Art Sales Consultant Skills & Qualifications:
Though there are no absolute academic requirements, the following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Proven sales experience, and an existing network of contacts within Galleries, Museums, or private collectors.
- Hardworking and motivated by sales targets, whilst also being able to work independently and efficiently.
- Exceptionally strong customer service, communication and sales skills, allowing you to maintain positive relationships with galleries, artists and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail, helping with authentication of artwork.
- Staying up to date and fully knowledge of market and art trends.
- Knowledgeable of artistic techniques and features.
- Reporting to the Gallery Manager in order to provide support with the curating and installation of exhibitions and private viewings if required.
- Happy to travel to Art Fairs and exhibitions.
Is an Art Sales Consultant job in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.