Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for all import, export, and other trade compliance activities across Europe.
- Respond to government notifications or inquiries about export or import transactions.
- Manage all export and import compliance issues.
- Address customer questions about export categorisation.
- Support the development of written policies, work instructions, and procedures, and ensure the standard implementation at all sites.
- Oversee trade compliance efforts in Asia as necessary.
- Collaborate with trade compliance managers in North America and Asia to ensure that consistent policies and procedures are upheld throughout the whole organisation, subject to variations in local requirements.
- Help implement trade compliance policies to address risky areas that have been identified.
- Assist with the classification of Harmonised Tariffs for export and import to various nations
- Help develop and provide appropriate export compliance training
- Participate in external trade compliance training to stay up to date on pertinent export and import regulations.
- Support all locations with day-to-day trade compliance issues, including new business opportunities (i.e., products, suppliers, and markets).
- When necessary, investigate any potential trade compliance violations and notify the Chief Financial Officer and, if necessary, the management of the department in question of any violation of internal policies and procedures relating to trade compliance. As directed, assist in notifying the appropriate government officials of the violations as needed.
- When necessary, oversee projects involving both internal clients and external vendors to guarantee prompt completion.
- At least 10+ years of experience
- Extensive experience in determining export control classification numbers for Europe and harmonised tariffs for product classification
- Knowledge of restricted party screening procedures and resources
- Comprehensive awareness of issues relating to international trade, including relevant import/export controls, customs activities, and other pertinent trade laws and regulations
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of trade compliance is necessary.
- ERP/MRP system experience, such as SAP or Oracle